Some days I am a multi-tasker. I have so many different things going on that I’m not sure if I’m coming or going. Today happens to be one of those days. Remember, once upon a time I said you never know what you’ll stumble upon if you come to the dive shop on a Wednesday or better yet a day that I am here. Some days I’m not here on Wednesday. But I’ve baked a cheesecake, that fell apart…. Don’t ask, I’m still sore about that. I’ve jumped into a suitcase, don’t worry, I didn’t totally fit, but not for lack of trying. And today, today I am decorating cookies.
You’ve heard of people having a Green thumb right? Well if not, that means you’re really good with plants and keeping them alive, me not so much. There’s also a Greenhand certification in FFA which means you’ve earned your Freshman degree for being an FFA Member. I did get that. Still never learned how to keep plants alive. I guess it’s not my thing. But today I think I’m becoming a Smurf. I have a blue thumb. I blame it on the food coloring.
Again though, you didn’t come here to learn about me… Oh no, you came to learn about some SCUBAPRO product. The product of the day happens to be the SCUBAPRO Hydros PRO BC. About a year ago, truly maybe even longer ago than that, Deb brought a flier for me to look at and said, look it comes in purple. I laughed and said, eh, I already have a BC, I’m good, but it’s pretty! Then come June of last year Scott, our SCUBAPRO rep came to the Safari Hunt down at the lake and in a round about of events I was “told” I was going to dive with the new Hydros BC. I “grudgingly” agreed and when I came out of the water, other than a couple things I still had to figure out because of a new thing always comes with a learning curve, I said, “Anyone want to buy a used Ladyhawk? Only Slightly used.” Everyone laughed at me but I was being serious.
Now that you have read that review, let’s approach this Friggin awesome BC from another standpoint. I might be partial, but hey, I own one now…. Be jealous. But the way to not be jealous is to come and get one yourself.
So I like their quote, “The Ability to change anything, changes everything.”
This new BC is out of a moldable Monprene®. That allows for an adjustable fit for every diver with multiple attachment points to allow for a customizable BC.
Best yet, Interchangeable straps/pockets allow for you to pick the color of your choice (as long as you choose one of the color kits available). The men’s BC comes with Black pockets while the woman’s BC comes with white pockets. Color change out options:
White, Black, Purple, Pink, Yellow, Orange, Blue (keep in mind not all colors are available just yet so just ask! You can always switch out later!)
Good thing about the colors, the color coordinate with the Seawing Nova Fins.
So one of the huge selling points is that you can get an entire set of Dive Gear in the bag that comes with the Hydros BC. Don’t believe me ask the
dishes professionals. (Sorry, Beauty and the Beast is one of my favorite all time movies).
Now that you have seen this video, I want to tell you this BC is perfect for:
- Tech Divers
- Travel Divers
- Female Divers
- Male Divers
- Young Divers
- Old Divers
- New Divers
- Diver Training
- And…… YOU
- Perfect Fit (for every diver)
- 2 in 1 BC (includes both Trav-Tek straps and a fully integrated weight system)
- Customize and Accessorize
- Travel Friendly (light weight and dries quickly!)
- Color options available
- Men’s: S, M, L, XL-2XL
- Women’s: XS/S, M, L
With these sizes, depending on the size you choose, you’re looking at 36lbs or 40.5 lbs of buoyant Lift. That’s good.
Accessories (COMING IN 2017)
- Bungee Loops for mounting SMBs, dive lights, octo hoses, etc.
- Mini-D Eyelets for attaching clips, retractors, etc.
- Knife Mount Kit for mounting standard BC knives.
- Crotch Strap to enhance fit and security.
- Add-on pockets & smaller, single weight pockets for the Trav-Tek Harness.
Since we all like the technical aspects:
- Ultra Durable: Patented Injection Molded Monprene® Gel Harness is extremely resistant to UV, chemicals and abrasion. The fabric-free harness uses no Velcro or zippers.
- Instant Dry: Ideal for travel due to less water retention and lower post-dive weight.
- “BC-4-Life” Modular Design: Customizable to add/remove weight systems, straps and pouches. Extended lifespan due to simplified repairs. Virtually every component, including buckles, can be replaced without stitching.
- 3D Ergonomic Design: Conforms to your body shape for maximum comfort.
- Lightweight: Advanced materials keep weight low.
- Neutrally Buoyant: Near-Zero inherent buoyancy requires less lead, resulting in better buoyancy control and much more enjoyable diving.
- Body Grip Gel: Prevents BC from shifting and riding up.
- Dual-Compound Backplate: Provides the ultimate in stability and comfort. Single tank band system allows for easier assembly.
- Torso Flex Zone: Auto-adjusts to your torso length for excellent comfort and freedom of movement.
- Articulated Shoulder Straps: Allow straps to adjust to your body shape to achieve a snug fit.
- Kit-Up Assist: Holds shoulder straps open for easy donning.
- Cross-Flow Channel: Unrestricted internal airflow reduces air trapping for enhanced maneuverability and easy deflation at any angle.
- 2-Stage Inflation: Tri-bungee system controls air distribution to maintain a compact shape under water and high lift capacity at the surface.
- Dorsal Weight-Wing: Anti-abrasion and instant dry. Optimal “Outboard” trim pockets.
- Buckle Weight System: Simple, safe and reliable quick-release buckles offer a fixed location for easy one-hand operation.
- Multi-Mount Accessory Matrix: Multiple D-Rings and mounting points for a knife + light + SMB + hoses + crotch strap and much more.
- Smart-Pack Design: Folding shoulder and waist straps pack into the wing, creating an unbelievably compact package for easy transport and storage.
Okay, so are you sold yet? If not, let me do a song and dance. I’m telling you… This BC rocks. I got mine late last summer. I did learn that Grady got some practice changing out the color pockets. Why? Well, because he accidentally put my pockets on upside down. I was off in the pool helping Chuck conduct a Try it Class for one of the summer camps, came back up and heard that Grady thought about keeping my pockets on upside down. Whatever, I’d have been happy either way because I was able to get my Hydros BC. I got it just in time to go to Mermet Springs. Hey speaking of Mermet, did you know we haven’t done a recap on that yet? Just a random thought. Back to the Hydros BC.
I truly can’t say enough about this BC. I have now dove in a Men’s Medium, a Woman’s Medium, and a Woman’s Large. They are all extremely comfortable. If you still aren’t sold, just ask, I’ll let you try mine out, but only for like half a dive, then I want it back.