Happy Wednesday! I was sitting here thinking about how to incorporate something into today’s blog post. So the thing I realized is today’s SCUBAPRO feature item is an Everflex 5/4 dive wetsuit. Well, this gives me the opportunity to point out that that is too heavy of a dive suit for where I currently am. I am living it up here in beautiful Cozumel, Mexico.
If you’ve never been to Cozumel in May, I highly suggest it! We were here last year on the Grad-Ge-8-Shen trip in May and that’s what caused us to schedule another trip this year. The other fun piece of information I have for you is today is Mexican Mother’s Day.
Back to the post of the day though…..
The SCUBAPRO Everflex 5/4 Wetsuit
This is referred to as the premium wetsuit with lots of new sizes and improvements. This particular line of wetsuit has had long standing quality in dive thermal protection. While they have “the best,” every year they work many hours trying to redesign to make the best even better with better fit options and freedom of movement.
The 2017 model offer more stretch, more features, more sizes, and are built to last longer.
The Everflex 5/4 wetsuit offers an exclusive Pure Design Concept, allowing pre-formed dimensional shapes to move more naturally with your body while delivering comfort and flexibility. The 5/4 has thinner neoprene for increased stretch and freedom over the 7/5 while diving in waters closer to what we experience here at home. It is made with Glideskin seals at the ankles, wrists, and neck and an easy-slide diagonal rear zipper (remember it closes in the back!!) to provide a warm and comfortable suit that is user-friendly.
These Everflex steamers (there’s that word again that confused me with the 1.5 mil) are made with X-Foam neoprene and assembled using an innovative and environmentally friendly solvent-free water-based glue.
- Made from 100 percent Everflex neoprene, an X-Foam formulation, for durability and better health.
- Suits are assembled using a solvent-free water-based glue. SCUBAPRO is the first in the industry to offer this environmentally and diver friendly adhesive material.
- Multi-thickness panels deliver a superior combination of warmth and flexibility.
- Pure Design Concept uses fewer seams and panels for maximum flexibility.
- Double blind-stitched outer seams are durable and watertight, and single blind-stitched inner seams are comfortable against bare skin.
- New nylon thread resists abrasion for longer suit life.
- Diamond Span inner lining’s water-draining material enhances cold-water protection. For 2017, it is combined with a second lining for improved stretch, making donning and doffing that much easier.
- Diagonal back zipper offers increased long-term durability and ease of use.
- Glideskin seals at the wrist, ankles and neck minimize water intrusion.
- 5/4mm suit features double zippered seals at ankle and wrists.
- New neck zipper aids in donning and doffing and enhances comfort between dives.
- Compression-molded zipper flap/spine pad reduces water entry and increases back protection.
- Tatex knee and shoulder pads offer protection against abrasion.
- Seat area is also protected with an abrasion-resistant outside lining to increase durability and extend the life of the suit.
- Extensive range of new sizes for both men and women means all divers can enjoy the perfect fit and the ultimate in comfort.
- Available in 16 men’s and 17 women’s sizes.
Men: S, ST, MS, M, MT, LS, L, LT, XLS, XL, XLT, 2XLS, 2XL, 3XL, 4XL, 5XL.
Women: 2XS, XS, S, ST, MS, M, MT, LS, L, LT, XLS, XL, XLT, 2XLS, 2XL, 3XL, 4XL.
Abbreviations for second letters: S= short, T=Tall. For example, a MT is a Medium Tall, a LS is a Large Short.
I personally don’t own a 5/4 but I own the sister 3/2. I can say this is a comfortable dive suit and great for those Memorial Weekend dives coming up later this month (although I use my 3/2 in June/July and dive in my 5Mil during May)! Keep that in mind… the water at the lake isn’t nearly as warm as this beautiful water down here in Cozumel. Yup, I’m living it up while it lasts, then I’ll come home and find my heavier wetsuit for Memorial Weekend. Someone bring me a handkerchief because I just might be crying by that time.