Happy Crisp Wednesday morning to you. There is definitely something in the air… technically it’s still summer, but I woke up and I’m pretty sure it smelled like fall. Heck, I think my horses think it is fall. They’re sure acting goofy. If you haven’t been around horses much, any kind of temperature change can get a reaction out of them.
We just got back from Mermet Springs. Were you able to attend this year? If not, you sure missed out on a lot of fun, a lot of shenanigans, and a lot of food, including but not limited to homemade ice cream and cake. More on that to come at a later time though.
But a great transition to today’s post would be that people actually showed up in today’s blog post to dive at Mermet Springs. Wait, what?
3mm and 5mm Definition Wet Suit
And just like that, she knocks it out of the park again. Haha. Oooh, baseball reference. Where are my baseball fans?
Anyway, moving on…
The main difference between the 3mm and the 5mm Definition wet suit is warmth. Otherwise, they are the exact suit, right? They are built with what SCUBAPRO refers to as a special Body Map System. Okay, what’s that? So glad you asked! Gives me something to talk about.
This is a way to cut out a wet suit in a 3D cut that is especially tailored to make these wet suits fit like a glove. That’s what you want when purchasing a wet suit. Something that fits you like a dream, but also keeps you warm. Oh and durability. Let’s not forget the durability! If you’re hard on wet suits, get a durable one.
If you’re diving in cooler waters, definitely go for the 5mm wet suit. They are rated for temperatures ranging 50˚F (or 10˚C) to 64.5˚F (or 18˚C). I will tell you, they are even good to wear in the 70˚F waters (sorry I don’t know ˚C in this case).
And the best part… this wet suit is lined with a fleece interior. That added warmth and comfort.
- Made from X-Foam neoprene, the only “green” neoprene that complies with P.A.H. regulations.
- Built with the Body Map System, an exclusive manufacturing method that uses special tailoring and material inserts to compensate for the stresses of the human body.
- Ultraspan chest panel and Stretchtec side panels work together to produce a highly flexible and snug fit.
- Infrared (IR) fleece interior lining reflects body heat for extra thermal insulation and is extremely soft against the skin.
- Zippered seals at wrists and ankles plus a rear diagonal zipper block water entry, are comfortable and make the suit easy to put on and take off.
- Abrasion resistant fabric on shoulders and seat, along with elbow pads and kneepads, increase long-term durability.
- Spine pad cushions the tank, providing additional comfort during extended dives.
- Small neck zipper enhances topside comfort, eliminating the need to remove the suit between dives.
- I-Safe strap keeps a wrist instrument securely attached.
- Available in 6 men’s and 7 women’s sizes. Click on size chart for more details.
- Available Sizes:
- Men: S, M, L, XL, 2XL, 3XL.
- Women: 2XS, XS, S, M, L, XL, 2XL.
- Available Sizes:
So, I think you should come try one of these wet suits and get ready for the annual Underwater Pumpkin Carving coming up. Did you know the water is kind of chilly in October, but it’s really not as bad as you think. What day is the pumpkin carving? Glad you asked…. It is October 22nd. Go ahead and mark that on your calendar and while you’re at it, mark October 21st down as well for the 5th Annual Chili Cookoff and Silent Auction. See, aren’t you glad I’m here to give you these dates?
Another date to keep in mind… September 30th. Why? Because, I need your recipes, stories, and pictures, please oh please!