This morning taking the little to school, she asked what I was going to blog about today. I told her I wasn’t sure. So, she proceeded to write today’s blog post:
It is cold outside. That means that winter is coming. Thanksgiving and Christmas too. You need to make sure that you dress properly. Also, you need to get ready for the cold weather. Cold weather brings snow. Snow is fun.
So, there you have it, folks, winter is coming. And apparently, in the eyes of a 5-year-old, winter is fun, I think.
Let’s make a checklist of things to prepare for winter.
- First off, Thanksgiving is coming. Next Thursday in fact, so you have 1 week 1 day. If you are preparing the turkey, here is a handy dandy little chart to help you defrost your turkey properly, versus putting it in the dryer to try and quickly defrost it. Oh, the dryer comment, I didn’t do that. Nope, it’s a reference to the tv show New Girl… Don’t blame me, I’m just passing along information.
- Black Friday means special deals!! Don’t forget that we’re running specials too! On Black Friday only, Friday, November 29, 2019, you can buy a card for unlimited air fills for a year. See the flyer below.
- For the month of December, buy 1 open water class and get a free mask (*up to $100 value)
- Check the Hydros and visuals on your tank. December, January, and even February tend to be good months to get those things done. Hydros are every 5 years. Visual is every year.
- Thursday, December 5, 2019, is December Extreme Dive Club Meeting. We provide the meat; you provide the sides and dessert. It’s a grand old party!
- Cozumel group trip is approaching quickly. If you are on this trip or taking any others, maybe schedule some pool time to refresh and get comfortable in the water before making those gorgeous dives.
- Cozumel payments are due right around Christmas (depending on the day you depart), don’t forget to get those in.
- If you are planning on Grand Cayman, make sure you’ve made your deposit. They’re due this week.
- We are watching the weather, but as of right now, make plans to be at Beaver Lake on January 1, 2020. Start the New Year off right with a dive.