This year we have spent quite a bit of time looking at the different SCUBA equipment, what it does, how it works, the pros and cons. But…. Let’s look at the reasons for owning your own equipment, because let’s be honest, you can rent equipment.
5 Reasons to own your own SCUBA gear
- Familiarity with equipment – With each piece of equipment you receive an owner’s manual, whether it is in the form of tags in your wet suit or a hand held book. The best way to decide on which gear to own is to do your research. Read reviews, talk to people who own the gear, and talk to SCUBA professionals. Learn the ins and outs of each piece of gear so that you purchase what is best for you. When you own your own equipment, you get familiar with it and comfortable which makes for better divers.
- Quality of Equipment – Familiarity leads to quality of equipment. Once you have done your research, you purchase the equipment that best suits you and your needs. Also, owning your own equipment, you are in charge of its well being. Instead of rental equipment where you are unsure who used it last or how they took care of it… you know exactly what has been done to this equipment.
- Perfect Fit – When you purchase your equipment, the gear is suited to your shape and size. Your SCUBA store (hint hint: Extreme Sports SCUBA) will help you size your gear properly so that you get the most comfortable fit for the most comfortable dive, because again, let’s be honest, who wants to dive when the gear is uncomfortable?
- Save Time – How does save time work in to this you’re wondering? I’m so glad you asked! When you have to rent gear, you have to take time out of your day to drive to the SCUBA store, rent the gear, go and dive, tear down the gear, drive back to the SCUBA store and return the gear, etc. If you own your own gear, you immediately pack it into the car/truck, drive to the dive site, set it up, dive, and then enjoy your ride home. No extra stops, that is unless you stop for Ice Cream because truthfully SCUBA diving = Ice cream stop.
- You’ll dive more often – Now that we’ve saved the time, you will dive more often. Let’s say Dan La Due calls you up and says, let’s go dive. Bam, you’re ready to go. Hey you get the afternoon off from work, again, you’re ready to go! The Safari Hunt is coming up, let’s go get in a few dives before hand, you’re set. No matter what, your gear is sitting there waiting for you to pick it up and head to the body of water to dive.
Now, today is Wednesday. Usually on Wednesday’s we do a piece of equipment review. Right now we’re reviewing reasons to own your own gear… what gives? Well, that’s just it, today we’re doing a packaged deal… Hydros Pro BC, MK25/S600 regulator, and a Luna Dive computer. If you’re noting all of these, we’ve already reviewed them. Perfect right?
We need you to come in and see us about this HOT deal RIGHT NOW! If you come purchase this deal right now we have bonus features… Your 1st Service is FREE! (who doesn’t like free) plus (do I sound like an infomercial, but wait, there’s more….) you get a FREE Mesh Bag (hey, there’s that free word again!!) Now, this deal is good through Summer 2017.
Don’t like our package deal? Want to try something else? Just let us know, we’ll work with you and see what we can come up with. We’re easy like that. Haha! No, but seriously, come see us. Our goal here is to make excellent divers.
AND As a Bonus Feature of Owning your own gear…..
There is a warranty. Each piece of gear has a different warranty, so make sure you discuss this warranty with us. Each warranty goes with the piece of gear to the original owner. But definitely come test our knowledge. Like I said, our goal is to create excellent divers with the best gear. We’re here to help!