sdi divemaster course
The SDI Divemaster Course is the first professional level certification. During the course you will learn how to work with divers, lead certified divers, and act as a dive guide showing divers underwater dive sites and the marine life that inhabits those dive sites, You will increase your knowledge about physics and physiology in diving as well as increase your proficiency with your scuba and your snorkeling skills. This course does not allow you to teach SCUBA diving, but graduates are able to assist an active SDI Instructor during approved diving courses provided the activities are similar to the graduate’s prior training. Graduate’s are also able to supervise and conduct dives for certified divers, provided the activities are similar to the graduate’s prior experience and training.
This course includes all diving and air fills. At the professional level, all pros are required to have all of their own gear and any accessories they might need to assist someone in training or touring. (Items such as DSMB’s, knives, cutters, spools, spare masks, etc.). All Divemaster students will receive special pricing in Extreme Sports Inc. for any purchases they are to make.
During this course, you will be assisting and/or sitting through classes by Extreme Sports Inc. in the teaching of Open Water SCUBA courses. This is only for the duration of the Divemaster course and you, the individual, are required to have your own professional liability insurance for SCUBA (available though SDI and DAN).
– Minimum age 18
– Certified Advanced Adventure Diver or equivalent; advanced certification must include verifiable experience in deep, navigation, night and limited visibility specialties.
– Certified SDI Rescue Diver or equivalent
– Provide proof of current CPR, first aid and oxygen provider (where local law permits)*
– Provide poof of at least 40 logged dives (see 3.11 for number of dives/hours required for graduation)
– Includes SDI educational materials
$899 + educational material tax
superior education and experience - scuba diving international
- Minimum age 18
- Certified SDI Advanced Adventure Diver or equivalent; advanced certification must include verifiable experience in deep, navigation, night, and limited visibility specialties
- Certified SDI Rescue Diver or equivalent
- Provide proof of current CPR, first aid and oxygen provider (where local law permits)*
- Provided proof of at least 40 logged dives (see 3.11 for number of dives/hours required for graduation)
SDI Divemaster Diver minimum requirements:
- Satisfactorily complete the SDI Divemaster written examination, or online version with a minimum score of 80 percent and 100 percent remediation
- Complete all water requirements
- Demonstrate to an active SDI Instructor the ability to solve in-water and out-of-water diver problems
- Demonstrate mature and sound judgment concerning dive planning and execution
- Operate as a Divemaster in a wide variety of environments