At the April Dive Club Meeting I brought Apple Dumplings for dessert. A lot of people asked for the recipe, so I thought I would share just how easy and simple this dessert is to make right here on the blog. I hope you enjoy!
2 Cans Crescent Rolls
2 Apples (cut into 8 slices per apple)
2 sticks butter (1 cup)
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 12-oz Can Mountain Dew
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice your apples in half from top to bottom, Then each half into halves and each quarter in to halves. You’re going to wind up with 8 slices per apple. Make sure you remove the seeds. If you have one of those apple slicers, mine slices into 8 pieces and cores in one push through the apple. Handly little gadget!
- Open crescent rolls and pull apart.
- Now wrap one crescent roll around one piece of apple. Start at the wide end and end at the narrow end. (remember they are triangles).
- Place in a lightly greased/buttered 9×13 baking dish.
- Melt butter in a skillet. Then lightly stir in the sugar and add a splash of vanilla. Once combined, pour over the apple crescent’s in the 9×13 dish
- Now comes the fun part. Pour the whole 12 oz can of Mountain Dew over the mixture. WHAT?!?! Trust me!
- Sprinkle with cinnamon on top and place in an oven for about 40 minutes.
- Enjoy! And it’s always best served with vanilla ice cream