I had a holy cow moment the other day. Let’s recreate the picture…. As some of you may have heard at the August dive club meeting, I’m on a goal to make 300 dozen sugar cookies. If you didn’t know that, now you are privy to that information. In case anyone wonders, I am now 12 dozen into that 300 dozen. Anyway, back to the holy cow moment. I had someone order a dozen cookies for Labor Day weekend. She mentioned sending them with Dan and Grady this Thursday (as in tomorrow). I thought, dang, I hope they last until Labor Day. That was only because I didn’t realize that THIS WEEKEND is Labor Day weekend. WHAT?!?! Where did the summer go?
With all that being said, in a little over a week, some of us will be trekking across the great state of Missouri headed to Metropolis, Illinois, to go SCUBA diving at Mermet Springs. Seriously, a little over a week. How can this be? Again, I restate, where did Summer GO?
For those of you who have never dove at Mermet Springs, the water is a bit on the chilly side. If you have your dry suit certification and own or have access to a dry suit, you’re in luck. If not, you’ll want to add a few extra layers to keep warm. Options include a 5mil wet suit and today’s product feature…
A Hooded Vest
A hooded vest is a great addition of thermal layers under your wet suit to keep your head warm as well as your chest cavity. Now, unless you are the Blogger, I’ll give you a piece of advice… the hooded vest goes under your wetsuit. Why unless you’re the blogger? Well… the blogger can barely do a hood so she has to be able to get out of it immediately, even underwater if that’s what it calls for. So if you want to be cool like the blogger, wear your hooded vest on the outside of your wetsuit. It’s okay, I give you permission!
The classic hooded vest is designed out of 100% Everflex neoprene for superior stretch and comfort. The additional layer around your torso area helps keep your core temperature up in cooler temperatures. The hood helps keep heat from escaping out of the top of your head. Double feature used to keep you warmer while diving in cooler waters. And best yet, there are 2 thicknesses, a 5mm and a 2.5mm depending on what you need for your diving conditions.
- Provides extra warmth over the torso and head, two critical areas for minimizing heat loss.
- Everflex neoprene is super-stretchy so it’s easy to don and doff.
- Fast-drying, the vest remains comfortable for use and reuse during a long dive day.
- Light graphic print on side panels enhances styling.
- Available in 5mm and 2.5mm thickness in 9 unisex sizes.
- Available Sizes:
- Unisex: 2XS, XS, S, M, L, XL, 2XL, 3XL, 4XL.
- Available Sizes:
So what can I tell you about them that hasn’t already been addressed? These hooded vests are made of the X-Foam. You know, the Neoprene that is exclusive to SCUBAPRO. I’m not going to go into more details about that, check out this post where I went into more details.
What else can I tell you? There are other options if you are not comfortable in a hooded vest, but by far these are good things to have in your bag for occasions such as Mermet Springs or Memorial Day Weekend diving. When the water is cooler, it’s better to have extra heat.
Come talk to us about these hoods. Or come talk to us about Mermet Springs. Heck, come talk to us about Labor Day and the fact that the blogger hates hoods. We just really like when you come talk to us about diving products. We like to talk.
Finally, a couple pieces of house keeping information:
- Mermet Springs is September 9-10, 2017. Let Deb know if you are planning on attending, but you’ll need to make your own hotel reservations.
- We still need YOUR recipes, stories, and photos for the book. Please get them in before September 30, 2017. That’s coming up FAST.
- There will not be a September Dive Club meeting next week. Instead, we’ll get together at Fat Edd’s in Metropolis on Saturday the 9th.
- Come talk to us about this product and any other SCUBA related product ASAP!!
Have a Safe and Happy Labor Day Weekend. This holiday was created to celebrate the hard working American!