UNDERWATER PUMPKIN CARVING!
CARVING GUIDE / RULES
- Date: October 9, 2022
- The carving time: 1:00 pm-1:45 pm (Be there 45 minutes-minimum before to set up)
- Location: Indian Creek Campground on Beaver Lake in Arkansas.
- Entry fee: $10 CASH ONLY, and please bring proof of SCUBA certification + you’ll sign a waiver.
- Other details: Please bring a pumpkin and carving tools!
So… what exactly is the Pumpkin Carving?
Well it’s pretty self explanatory, but it’s not quite that simple. Carving a pumpkin on the surface is quite easy. However, underwater the pumpkins become buoyant making carving them very difficult. This is why we put on the event, for our entertainment.
Prizes are added up from the Entry fee’s and returned back to our winners! That’s right, CASH PRIZES!
1. All divers must show proof of SCUBA certification and sign a waiver before participating.
2. All Divers must have a dive buddy and stay with the dive buddy during their dive.
3. One pumpkin per diver is allowed.
4. Diver MUST carve out a hole in the top of the pumpkin before getting into the water to allow air to escape.
5. Diver must not start carving until the diver and pumpkin are both fully submerged.
6. Diver is allowed to use carving knives.
7. Divers may not use carving sheets or anything to trace (we will be checking pumpkins).
8. Divers may not draw or mark on pumpkin prior to dive.
9. No props are allowed on the pumpkins.
10. A time limit of 45 minutes or 500psi ending for dive will be allowed for carving. (WATCH COMPUTERS!)
11. Absolutely NO alcohol is allowed. If suspected consumption of alcohol, a diver will be eliminated from the competition.
12. One prize per person for carving.
13. Only the participants who have entered can judge the pumpkin carvings.
14. Participants are required to pose for a group photo for social media use.
15. No electric knives are allowed.
16. No stolen pumpkins!
17. Practice safe and courteous diving.
18. Have a great time!