Underwater safari hunt 2021
HUNT GUIDE / RULES
- Date: June 27, 2021
- The hunt time: 1:00 pm-1:45 pm (Be there 45 minutes-minimum before to set up)
- Location: Indian Creek Campground on Beaver Lake in Arkansas.
- Entry fee: None, but please bring proof of SCUBA certification and you’ll sign a waiver.
- Other details: There will be a fishbowl drawing. Tickets (1 for $2) or (3 or $5). Proceeds benefit Newton County Rescue and Recovery.
So… what exactly is the Safari Hunt?
You and your dive buddy go SCUBA hunting for animals no deeper than 30 feet. Once you find an animal, you come up and register your number. Then you win a prize. That prize can be a large item like a brand new Scubapro MK11/C370 or an SDI specialty online course like Night/Limited Visibility.
Prizes are donated by SCUBAPRO, SCUBA Diving International (SDI), Trident, and largely ourselves at Extreme Sports SCUBA for the Safari Hunt winners and the Raffle!
OFFICIAL SAFARI HUNT RULES:
- All divers must show proof of certification and sign a liability waiver. Junior divers must have a liability release signed by parents or legal guardian(s).
- No animals are below 33 feet of water.
- All divers must dive and surface with a buddy unless they are solo certified and equipped.
- One animal per diver.
- The time limit is 45 minutes or until a diver is down to 700 PSI. All divers must pay close attention to their dive time and if you hear honking from an alert device, time is up. Ascend to the surface, safely, and head to shore.
- If all animals are not found, prizes will be drawn from eligible divers.
- Divers must show good sportsmanship and diving skills during this event.
- Divers cannot use propulsion units during this dive.
- Safety divers are on the surface and land, please signal OK when you surface.
- NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ARE ALLOWED.
- Each animal is numbered and that is the order you will draw for prizes.
- The children’s mini safari hunt will be no deeper than 8ft of water and a parent must sign a liability waiver for the child to participate.
- If an Instructor, Assistant Instructor, Divemaster, or Extreme Sports Inc. Staff member sees any diver participating in an unsafe activity, we will remove you from the permitted waters for our event.
- When the event starts (1:00 pm), and you or your buddy is not in the water, you can not participate. This eliminates the confusion of the 45-minute window of the hunt!