Welcome to the new SCUBAPRO Seahawk 2 BCD that came out in the 2019 diving season. This all-purpose BC is a backpack style BC similar to the Knighthawk/Ladyhawk that has air integrated into the back. The straps have been newly redesigned and if you compare, they are similar to the straps from a Hydros Pro. The advantages are this is a lighter weight BC that is extremely easy to fold and pack for diving trips.
It has a stainless-steel “super cinch” tank band positioned lower along with a second Velcro strap to secure the tank for better diving. Other new features include a 50mm waist strap with lightweight buckle, redesigned cargo pockets, and a new range of airway/valve fittings.
This new design gives you the freedom of movement while still providing comfort and stability while making dives at any depth.
- Ergonomic shoulder design with rotating buckles improves fit, helps distribute the load and enhances stability.
- Reinforced soft backpack with high-grip tank patch and inner padding add to comfort, reduce overall weight, and make it easy to fold and pack.
- Super Cinch stainless steel tank band system is positioned lower and teamed with a second VelcroTM strap to secure the tank for transport and diving.
- 50mm waist strap with lightweight plastic buckle lets you fine-tune adjustments for a perfect fit.
- Two large zippered pockets have been redesigned, providing lots of cargo-carrying capability.
- Constructed of 1000 denier nylon and 420 denier nylon for maximum durability.
- High-quality air cell offers a streamlined shape when deflated and substantial buoyant lift when inflated.
- Soft neoprene neck roll and padded back pad enhance comfort during long dives.
- Quick-release integrated weight pouches secure with low-profile buckles.
- Two rear trim pouches help create a comfortable swimming position.
- Six stainless steel 40mm D-rings, plus two additional 25mm D-rings on the pockets, provide lots of clip-on points for additional gear and instrumentation.
- Available with a Balanced Power Inflator or an AIR2.
Some things to consider…
- This BCD weighs 8.71 pounds. Good to know if you plan on packing for a foreign dive trip!
- There are 8 D-rings to attach multiple items to for ease of diving.
- This is a recreational BCD.
- While this is a backpack style BCD, the backplate is Stainless steel. The reinforced soft backpack has inner padding to add comfort while reducing overall weight. This helps make the backpack easily folded and packable!
- It has 2 pockets. They’ve been redesigned and made roomy to help hold those special things you may need for your dive.
- This is a back inflate BCD.
- The shoulder straps have been redesigned. It is equipped with rotating buckles to help distribute the load and enhance stability.
- It has quick-release weight integration pouches.
- This BCD is available in 5 sizes ranging from small to 2XL.