While our cellular phones are getting bigger and bigger, Dive computers are getting smaller and smaller. And the latest innovation by SCUBAPRO is a smaller dive computer. This new dive computer is a SCUBAPRO Galileo HUD (Heads Up Display) Hands-free dive computer. This newly designed dive computer is to allow you to be fully immersed in your dive. You will experience more freedom. This dive computer attaches directly to your mask. It uses an intuitive push-wheel knob to allow you to quickly navigate your customizable menu. The placement of the screen allows your essential dive information to stay right in front of you. The screen conveniently tilts up and out of the way before and after a dive.
SCUBAPRO Galileo HUD Hands-free Dive Computer
- A split lens mask (It will work with prescription lenses in your mask)
- A transmitter (such as used on the Luna, G2, etc)
- Mask Mounted Dive Computer
- The “floating” display creates an image that makes it easy to monitor dive data without losing contact with your surroundings.
- Full-Color Display
- Single-knob user control
- Flip-up hinge mechanism allows the computer to tilt up before, after, and/or during your dive.
- Selectable dive modes
- Ability to set up to 8 selectable gases including Nitrox.
- Hoseless air integration
- 3D full-tilt digital compass
- Neutrally buoyant lightweight design
- Compatible Mask Mount included
- Max operating depth of 394 feet (lower than normal recreational dive limits)
- Rechargeable Battery which holds a charge for up to 20 hours
- 2GB Memory
- USB Cable or Bluetooth to easily download data wirelessly to your phone or handheld device. And it is compatible with Apple and Android.
Key factors to keep in mind:
- You’ll be drawn to keep your eyes focused on the computer. It will require you to not focus solely on the computer but look “through” it.
- Give it 4-5 dives to fully see “through” and dive like normal. Don’t just immediately write it off as you don’t like it. Sometimes change takes time.
- This allows freedom of movement for your hands.